The Grassroots Sport Fund is part of the NSW Government’s Community Sport Recovery Package – helping support the sector to get back on its feet.
The Grassroots Sport Fund will provide a one-off grant of up to $1,000 to around 12,500 eligible local clubs and associations across the State to assist them when community sport resumes from 1 July 2020.
The Fund will be administered by Archery NSW, with support from the Office of Sport.
Eligible clubs are required to apply by Sunday 19 July 2020.
All clubs were notified by email on July 6. We encourage club Members to follow up with their club so you don't miss out.
The Community Sport Recovery Package Guidelines outlines the eligibility requirements for clubs and associations.
For the Grassroots Sport Fund:
- the local club must be a legal entity and have been affiliated with an SSO or SSOD before 11 June 2020
- the local club must be registered in NSW or have a registered business address in NSW
- the local club must have registered members and participants
- if the local club is a school it must offer programs to the public
- the local club was financially impacted by the COVID-19 restrictions between the period of March – June 2020
- the local club will use the payment for an approved purpose and has not already received assistance with this expense from local, state or Commonwealth government or others.
How to Apply
Applications will be open until Sunday 19 July 2020.
Clubs can complete a simple online application form.
What information will I be required to provide?
Clubs and associations will be required to provide the following information as part of their applications
- Legal Name of the club/association
- Organisation ABN / ACN / Incorporation Number (if your organisation has an ABN and an Incorporation No. the Incorporation Number is preferred)
- Organisation Address
- Organisation Key Contact Details (i.e. the person submitting the application)
- Organisation Bank Details (Account Name, BSB, Account Number)
- Confirmation that your organisation meets the eligibility criteria detailed above; and a declaration that the submission is true and correct.
What can I use the Grassroots Sport Fund payment for?
Grassroots Sport Fund payments to clubs and associations can be used for the fixed costs such as:
- telephone and internet;
- fixed vehicle or equipment costs (leases, registration); and
- other base operating costs including:
- affiliation fees;
- EFTPOS and banking fees;
- IT support arrangements; and
- essential equipment.
All clubs and association are encouraged to read the Community Sport Recovery Package Guidelines and the Grassroots Sport Fund Additional Information document prepared by the Office of Sport to ensure that they are eligible and have all of the required information ready to submit.