Venue: Murray Room, Sports House, Olympic Park
Date: 16th August 2020
Nominations are being called for the following positions:
- President - 2 year term
- Vice President/Publicity - 2 year term
- Officer Secretary - 2 year term
- Tournament Coordinator - 2 year term
- Coaching Coordinator - 2 year term
Others (Annual Appointment): Member Protection Officer Annual NSW Olympic Delegates (2)
Nominations of Candidates
28.3 Nominations of candidates for election as Office-Bearers of the Society –
a)shall be made in writing, signed by two (2) Members of the Society and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate, and
b)shall be delivered to the Returning Officer not less than twenty eight (28) days before the date fixed for the holding of the Annual General Meeting at which the election is to take place.
Nominations to be received by the Returning officer by 5.00pm on: 19th July 2020
Duty Statement of Committee of Management officers, but not limited to:
President - 2020-22
- Senior Executive officer of the Society
- Presides at all General Meetings in the capacity of Chairperson
- Ex-Officio member of all committees
- Co-ordinates proposals for amendment to the Constitution, By-Laws, Roles & Responsibilities or Policy & Procedures of the Society
Vice President / Publicity Officer - 2020-22
- Co-ordinates special activities and promotions on behalf of the Society
- All media releases, intercommunication and PR exercises.
Secretary - 2020-22
- Ex-officio member of all committees
- Public Officer of the Society
- Correspondence In/Out
- Shall be a suitable friendly contact person for new clubs,answering enquiries, and liaising with club secretaries,members, affiliated bodies, Government departments and committees.
Tournaments Coordinator - 2020-22
- Co-ordinates Metropolitan & State Championship events, including budgets for events.
- Liaison officer between the Tournament Committee,Judges Convenor, CoM & Council
- Liaison officer between the Society and the Masters.
- Ex-officio member of all National Championship sub-committees.
- Preparation of contracts for hosting of Society events.
Officials Convenor - 2019-21
- Education of D.O.S & Judges within NSW.
- Keeps a register of events that judges officiate at.
- Works with the Tournament Coordinator to ensure State Championships & Fita tournaments have sufficient judges.
Coaching Coordinator - 2020-22
- Responsible for co-ordination Coach Education Programs
- Responsible for co-ordination of Archery Development Programs
- Responsible for State Team Guidelines & Selection Process
- Responsible for Clothing of State Team Members
Member Protection Information Officer - Annual
Member Protection Information Officers play an important role in sport. They provide information and guidance on complaints procedures - they are the 'go to'person if you want to discuss problems at your club/association, particularly if you are considering making a formal complaint.
Olympic Delegates - Annual
- Two appointed
- Delegates to external bodies.
All constitutional clauses associated with the running of the AGM are found in the full AGM notice. You can find a copy of the Archery NSW Constitution here. Clubs have already been issued this AGM notice earlier in June.
All affiliated clubs will be issued with a voting form after the nomination process is complete.
If you would like to discuss anything please email firstname.lastname@example.org