In 2019 ANSW will be running a Grand Prix Series where archers of all Age Divisions can compete in eight registered tournaments. Following the 2018 series it was deemed that more Match Play was required to provide NSW archers with greater experience at shooting Elimination MPlay.
Given that the high profile National, and most World Archery International events are run under MPlay conditions, it is important that we offer our state archers an event that will prepare our archers for these National and International competitions.
Sunday’s being – 10th Feb, 24th Mar, 12th May, 23rd June, 14th July, 11th Aug, 22nd Sep, 13th Oct.
Match Play Finals – 19th January 2020
Entry fee to be charged via IMG
- Ranking Round and Elimination Match Play $20
- There will be NO late entries after the closing of registrations
Any Sports TG fees are included in the above
ANSW Grand Prix Format
- Rounds to be shot WA 70/720, 60/720, 50/720 and AA 50/720, 40/720, 30/720
- Single Flight with Elimination Match play
Elimination Match Play
- Each archer will receive a minimum of two matches, with those eliminated in the first match being placed in a separate division or repechage round.
- Divisions will be: Female Recurve
All archers regardless of age will shoot in the divisions as listed above.
- Archers will shoot the same distance and face for which they shot their ranking round EXCEPT where a Cub or Intermediate (Recurve or compound) archer is deemed by the NSW Coaching Coordinator to be of suitable ability then they will be required to shoot the same distance (as ranking round) but on an 80cm face. Where an elite Intermediate compound archer is participating, they will be required to shoot both the ranking round and elimination MPlay as a WA50/720. Where a veteran or veteran+ archer is deemed capable by the Coaching Coordinator they may be required to shoot the following - Compound 40m on an 80cm face and Recurve 60m on a 122cm face.
- There will be two timed ends of practice prior to the commencement of Match Play.
- The field will be arranged in such a way to facilitate smooth running of the elimination matches. This will not include the moving of targets, so competitors are next to each other – the archers will be required to walk between the two targets when competitors are required to shoot different distances.
Grand Prix Finals
- The top six archers from each division will be invited to attend the NSW GP Finals
- Target faces for Cub’s and Intermediates will be as per those shot during Match Play at the archers last event
- Archers are required to have competed in at least four events to qualify for an invite to the Grand Prix Finals
- All matches will be elimination and pairings will be as follows – where the top ranked archer is #1 and the sixth ranked archer is #6
Match 1 #5 v #6
Match 2 #3 v #4
Match 3 #1 v Winner M1
Match 4 #2 v Winner M2
Bronze Loser M3 v Loser M4
Gold Winner M3 v Winner M4
Awarding of points at each GP event to each division
- 1st 25 points 6th 10 points
- 2nd 21 points 7th 10 points
- 3rd 18 points 8th 10 points
- 4th 15 points 9th 10 points
- 5th 12 points 10th 10 points
- 1st 9 points 6th 1 point
- 2nd 7 points 7th 1 point
- 3rd 5 points 8th 1 point
- 4th 3 points 9th 1 point
- 5th 1 point 10th 1 point
Grand Prix Points Table
- Accumulated point scores per each division will be posted on ANSW Website within 14 days of the completion of an event.
- Archers scores from each event will be available via Archers Diary
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the winning archers at the next ANSW Presentation Night. ANSW reserves the right to present other appropriate awards to the winning archers.
If you have any questions, please contact me via email email@example.com
Posted on 29 Jan 2019